Since 2007 Zumiez has hosted the Best Foot Forward Tour in the USA. This year, the tour will take place for the first time across four continents with a total of 40 stops. Blue Tomato is launching the first four Best Foot Forward Europe tour stops in Berlin, Cologne, Innsbruck and Zurich-Winterthur together with Zumiez in 2017.
The Zumiez Best Foot Forward Tour is one of the largest amateur skateboard contest series in the world. Former Zumiez Best Foot Forward winners include top names such as Ishod Wair, Tom Asta, Jack Olson, Chris Wimer and Alec Majerus.
The winner of the individual stops will win not only prizes from the partners but also an all-inclusive trip to the United States for the finals. This includes the fights, food and lodgings.
The finals are to be held in September – with the exact date and venue yet to be announced. In previous years, the finals have taken place in Seattle at the Boeing Museum and close to LA in the Joshua Tree National Park.
The top three riders from the finals will receive an all-expenses paid skateboard road trip which includes:
- Filming at famous skate spots with The Berrics
- An All-Access pass to the best private skate parks in the USA
- Visits to different brands with the chance to learn from the experiences of their top professionals
- And much more!
We invite you, or your team to register by following this link below.
At all of the European Tour stops the judges from the American Tour will be present. The whole tour is also accompanied and filmed by The Berrics.
- 30th June 2017 Vogelfreiheit Skatepark, Berlin, Germany
- 2nd July 2017 KAP 686 Skateplaza, Cologne, Germany
- 5th July 2017 Skatehalle Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
- 8th July 2017 Skills Park Winterthur, Zürich/Winterthur, Switzerland
As previously mentioned, this is an Amateur Contest. An amateur is defined as follows: An amateur skater can have sponsorship and a travel budget, but cannot live primarily from skateboarding.
No entry fee; mens and womens categories; starters approved in all age categories.