Gabriel Engelke, ollie.
Photos by Joël Tettamanti & Bertrand Trichet. Words by Sylvain Tognelli.
Had I known I would have to write this text, I certainly wouldn’t have insisted to Will Harmon on the importance of improving texts in Kingpin and in skateboard magazines in general a few weeks ago. I think professional writers should be invited on tours, as it’s the case for photographers and filmers. Now I’m here writing this text, without any notes, for the simple reason that someone has to do it.
What you need to take with you:
- Mattress / sleeping mat (as small as possible)
- Hiking gear (good shoes – warm outdoor clothes – gloves – beanie – rain jacket – sunglasses – sun cream – backpack – hat)
- Camping gear: towel – swim shorts – flashlight – knife/fork/cup – camping bottle – nature friendly shower gel…
- Skate gear and spare parts/tools (we will stay in remote areas)
- Should you need anything special, please bring it with you, as we will stay in remote places.
We will go in really nice nature places so we absolutely can’t leave any trash/rubbish around. Also, when you take a shit outside remember to hide your poo and paper under a rock…
Thanks in advance!”